Existing member groups may take on a more formal, long-standing relationship to CCCC by applying for Standing Group status. A Standing Group begins as a Special Interest Group (SIG) or other group with sustained organization and membership…. Standing Groups are formally reviewed by the CCCC Officers every three years. In recognition for this level of responsibility to CCCC, each Standing Group will be allotted one designated panel in addition to a business meeting at the CCCC Annual Convention, subject to the Program Chair’s approval. Standing Group panels will be vetted in consultation with the Program Chair. Standing Group business meetings will be held during the regular slots made available for such meetings by the Program Chair.
In 2015, the Medical Rhetoric SIG applied for and was granted standing group status.
Current executive committee members of the standing group are (will be updated throughout summer 2023):
- Chair: Lilly Campbell, Marquette University, email@example.com (term 2023-2025)
- Associate Chair: Kristen LaFollette, University of Southern Indiana, firstname.lastname@example.org (term 2023-2025)
- Communication Officer: Justiss Burry, Tarleton State University, email@example.com (term 2023-2025)
- At-Large Member: D. Mollie Stambler, James Madison University, firstname.lastname@example.org (term 2022-2024)
- Graduate Student Representatives:
- Kodwo Adam-Moses, Auburn University, email@example.com (term 2023-2024)
- Melissa Guadrón, The Ohio State University, firstname.lastname@example.org (term 2023-2024)
- Jacqueline James, University of Minnesota, email@example.com (term 2023-2024)
- Priyanka Ganguly, Virginia Tech, firstname.lastname@example.org (term 2023-2024)
- Chenxing Xie, North Carolina State, email@example.com (term 2023-2024)
- Cristina De Leon-Menjivar, Old Dominion, firstname.lastname@example.org (term 2023-2024)
- Motunrayo Ogunrinbokun, University of Florida, email@example.com (term 2023-2024)
- Haley Swartz, Clemson University, firstname.lastname@example.org (term 2023-2024)
- Adriana Deptula, Purdue University, email@example.com (term 2023-2024)
Positions are for two years. Graduate students have a one-year term. See the by-laws for descriptions of positions, and contact any of the officers if you are interested in running.
Minutes from the CCCCs
Medical Rhetoric SIG Minutes 2015
During this meeting, it was unanimously decided that the SIG would apply for standing group status with the Cs.