- COMM 3115: Communicating Science, Health, Environment — Robin Jensen’s syllabus for Communicating Health, Science, and Environment.
- WRA 491-02: Medical Rhetoric and Science Writing — Maria Novonty and Bill Hart-Davidson shared their syllabus and the first assignment for their course. Maria said they also asked students to engage in an activity called #sciencesays. In this activity they ask students to take a pop culture saying like “mo money, mo problems” and translate it into scientific discourse. (Maria said: So it would be something like “hardship increases in direct proportion to wealth.” Students then tweet out their translations, tagging it with a clue like #biggie.)
- Sample undergraduate syllabus on Science and Medical Writing from Rick Johnson-Sheehan.
- Sample undergraduate syllabus on Writing in the Health and Human Sciences from Rick Johnson-Sheehan
- Sample undergraduate syllabus on Writing in Health and Medicine from Candice A. Welhausen.
If you would like to volunteer materials for this section of the website, contact Teaching Resource Editor, Candice Welhausen, at email@example.com.