From featured speaker Teri Thompson
- Why does theory matter as we study health communication/medical rhetoric? Why not focus on health problems and contexts instead?
- What role does theory typically play in the scholarship generated by those from different disciplinary backgrounds? How does one’s training affect this? How does this affect the value of scholarship?
- How can scholars from Communication and English studies convey to health care practitioners the relevance of theory to the application of health communication/medical rhetoric scholarship?
- How can theory be incorporated into health communication practice?
- What theories have applicability to the health care context that have not yet begun to be so applied?