It’s time to submit proposals for CCCC 2017 Medical Rhetoric Standing Group Panel. See the CFP below!!
The field of the rhetoric of health and medicine (RHM) has come a long way since Judy Segal described it as a “subfield” (2005, p. 312). With new publication opportunities and a burgeoning cadre of graduate students studying RHM, the 2017 Medical Rhetoric Roundtable offers an opportunity to consider and discuss how to sustain this growth and cultivate new opportunities.
Participants could consider the following questions:
- How do we sustain ourselves, both individually and collectively,
- How do we cultivate collaborative relationships?
- What labor is involved in cultivating and sustaining our own research and the field?
- How do we cultivate new voices in scholarship, prepare future faculty and future organizational leaders?
- How do we develop and sustain public voices for our scholarship?
- How do we create broader understanding and appreciation of our disciplinary landscape?
- How do we sustain and enrich our members in their varied interests throughout their careers?
We are taking the roundtable format seriously in that we will be using a modified ignite format (5 minutes) where participants will provide an overview of their primary research and then pose a question for the audience. The roundtable will be designed to be interactive with short presentations to fuel discussions. Following these, attendees will break into small groups to discuss the questions/topics presented.
Please submit 250-word proposals to email@example.com by April 28, 2016.